At the beginning of the week of August 31st my computer broke yep I said broke! It’s ain’t proper grammar but that is what it did! Now it might not seem like a big deal except once it was broken I realized how much we actually do on the computer now a days and that this was going
In the past I often came home and then pushed the kids to complete all the things we didn’t have time for and we were often exhausted by the end of the day. Then while reading Large Family Logistics I realized we needed to take a break.
“When you arrive home . . . let
An overview of our homeschool Curriculum
Before our family gathering and before breakfast we read the Proverb of the day and a couple of Psalms.
In the Morning we have a family gathering during which time we cover some subjects together:
- We are using Mystery of History Volume 2 along with History in the Woods Middle Ages projects.
- For Science we use Answers in Genesis God’s Design for Heaven and Earth. We absolutely loved doing this series last year and I expect we will enjoy it again this year!
- Baptist Catechism we use Truth & Grace Books this covers memory verses, hymns & catechism questions based on the an adjusted Westminster Confession.
- We also do IEW Linguistic Development in the morning and even our 3 year old twins have gotten in on the act memorizing poems.
- Read Alouds- this is the time we have family read Alouds , we will start the Bronze Bow and Trial & Triumph next week.
- US State Study Notebook
- In the Spring (MOH Vol 2 is 28 weeks long) we will do Soli Gloria Deo Map Skills.
After the Family Gathering we start on our individualized