We’ve been reading a book by Elizabeth George and in the fist chapter it talks about making your home welcoming. Really, I think more then anything that is what I want my home to be, welcoming. I want folks to long to come back and sit a while and enjoy their time in our home. I am convinced
So we have been in our new house for about 2 years and I feel like we have been treading water as far as redecorating the house. We have made some good progress on the dining room and kitchen. That is where we are currently still working so maybe by the end of the
We all know that deep cleaning can often get expensive. However, if you make your own cleaning supplies with stuff you already have available at home, you can save a few greenbacks. Check out what you need to do to spring clean your home.
Declutter and Dust
If your home is messy, the first thing you should do is declutter
wn streOver the past few years we have hosted and been hosted several times by family and friends. I just want to pass along a bit of wisdom as you prepare to host .
- Gather enough towels for each guest
- Put a welcome basket together that includes basic toiletries that may have been forgotten.
- Provide them with some privacy…maybe you have a guest room, we don’t. We normally clear the twins out of thier room and they have a sleep over with us.
YOU are responsible to feed your quests 3 square meals unless they state they are planning to do otherwise for a meal. So if your guests
We moved into our new house in March of 2014 and we have now been here over a year and a half. This house is a 1950’s ranch that we have decided to make large family friendly on a small budget. We have several projects that we are planning on tackling with a small budget.
Tips on Decorating on a Dime
- Join buy sell groups and pay attention to the lists when you are seriously or casually looking. I purchased all of these fixtures for under $225 from my homeschool buy sell loop, which normally only has books and the occasional car.
- Go into your local thrift stores often.
- Make a list of what you are doing and what you might need and keep that list with you.
- Be flexible…we love antique bronze but we settle for any bronze that looks antiqued even washed and will fit in with our decor. To me flexible means getting SUPER close to what I want.
What’s There and Where’s It All Going
After years of homeschool I have learned that the easier my homemaking tasks it allows me to spend more time on our homeschool. Homemaking is a priority to me so it want it to be done well.
Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks
Several years ago for my breakfast, lunches & snacks we set up a weekly meal plan. I have a weekly
We purchased our home in March of 2014 it was a large home in the neighborhood in which we wanted to live. This is a cute neighborhood full of homes built in the 50’s and 60’s. We purchased a 1950’s Ranch Home. We moved from 30 minutes outside of town to the center of a small town