What are Super Quick Meals
These are the meals that you use when you absolutely have no time to cook! You are getting home and you need dinner on the table in 10 minutes then you would crack open the Emergency Meals. Unlike your freezer meals which are planned into the meal plan and only sometimes used in case of emergency these meals are the quickest ones you can prepare.
Kinds of Super Quick Meals
- You are getting home late and you have 10 minutes to get dinner on the table
- The ER Hospitality Meal is necessary for those of you who have a husband who tends to invite folks over and give you less then 30 minutes notice.
- General Calamity Meal is for the day when you get sick or a child gets sick right before it’s time to make dinner.
- Anything else that happens that would normally cause you to go through the drive through or order a pizza.
What Super Quick Meals do you suggest?
Remember an emergency meals help you to stay away from Fast Food! So they aren’t always the healthiest thing you’d want to serve your family every night. But lets face it, it’s still better then McDonalds. Plus if you are all organic get the organic versions of these meals.
- Frito Pie (for those of you outside of Texas is chili on top of frito chips)
- Salsa Mac & Cheese (if you normally have pre-browned ground beef)
How to Keep a Super Quick Meals Safe & Ready for the Emergency
Hide it , yes, you read that correctly I said HIDE IT! I keep mine in a basket in the cabinets with all of the necessary items. Because my crew never looks inside of things in the pantry.
Your second option is write Emergency or Quick Meal on it! And tell your family what it is for so they don’t accidentally eat it. My family of bibliophiles would suddenly become illiterate!
So here are two of your choice but by far I like to keep mine out of their sight so I KNOW it will be there when I need it!
- Day 1: Assignment #2 – 4 Steps to Effective Meal Planning
- Day 2: Realistic Freezer Cooking for Moms
- Day 3: Long Range Meal Planning
- Day 4: Holiday Meal Planning
- Day 5: Breakfast, Lunch & Snack Rotation
- Day 6: Have SUPER Quick Meals on Hand
Save money, time and get it done, go ahead and subscribe! Often my posts contain affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases help us to pay for this blog and for our curriculum. Thank you for using them when you are able.