This is a simple to make soup that really hits the spot on a cold day. You’ll never pick up a packet of Bear Creek soup again after you make this, little bit of yumminess.
- 9 medium sized potatoes
- 1 stick light margarine
- 1 cup half & half (optional sub milk if necessary)
- 2 2/3 cups of milk
- 4 cups of water
- 2 chicken bullion cubes (optional but adds lots of flavor)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- shredded cheese for a topping
- onions for a topping
- Have the children peel potatoes
- Boil potatoes until soft
- drain the potatoes and put them back in the empty pot
- add margarine and mash (I whip this with a hand blender)
- Once it is mashed add the rest of the ingredients and heat for about 15 minutes
- DO NOT let it boil it might curdle.
Serve with diced onions and shredded cheese for toppings
I always serve soup with bread to help fill up those hungry tummies. Let me know what you think!
Save money, time and get it done, go ahead and subscribe! Often my posts contain affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases help us to pay for this blog and for our curriculum. Thank you for using them when you are able.