After years of homeschool I have learned that the easier my homemaking tasks it allows me to spend more time on our homeschool. Homemaking is a priority to me so it want it to be done well.
Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks
Several years ago for my breakfast, lunches & snacks we set up a weekly meal plan. I have a weekly meal plan for lunch and breakfasts are the same each week. It is printed out and posted in our kitchen.
- Monday: Pancakes with fruit
- Tuesday: Oatmeal
- Wednesday: Corn Meal Mush
- Thursday: Waffles
- Friday: Bagels & Cream Cheese
- Saturday: Homemade Cracker Barrel Breakfast
- Sandwiches, fruit & veggies (a couple of times)
- Macaroni & Cheese , fruit & veggies
- Corn Dogs, fruit & veggies
- Burritos, fruit & veggies
- Hot Dogs, fruit & veggies
- Sunday: Church Fellowship Lunch
Confession- I do not always eat what the kids eat, to maintain a healthy weight & sanity.
UPDATE: In order to make our mornings run more smoothly we still have a one week plan but I have switched to quick meals the kids can make: frozen waffles, instant oatmeal, instant grits, frozen pancakes and more. So I have kept the same format but changed the meals to quick choices and it has been working great for the last several weeks.
I have done two things for dinners planning dinners bi-weekly and setting up a long range meal plan. When I say long range I mean about 6 weeks of meals. So every six weeks we start our meal plan again. If there is anything we didn’t like or want to add I adjust the meal plan and the grocery list. This allowed us to eat our favorites and after one planning session. I didn’t need to plan for meals for the rest of the year.
The Complete 5 Day Series on Simplifying your Homeschool
- Simplify Curriculum
- Simplify Homeschool Planning
- Simplify Homeschool Meals
- Simplify the Homeschool Week
- Simplify your Homeschool Day