Here are some resources to help draw you and your family closer to the risen Lord. Please remember that we are not bound to law. I know many protestants who do not celebrate Lent, and believe it is a “Catholic” thing. But in my humble opinion there is no better time to dive into Easter story which is a most crucial part of the Gospel! So although we tend to avoid most secular activities that pertain to Easter we do enjoy a very festive Easter.
Easter & Lent Activities & Food
Hey what kind of Baptist would I be if I didn’t mention food!?!
- Do Protestants Celebrate Lent?
- Resurrection Rolls by Susan Evans Blog
- Do an Easter Treasure Hunt instead of an Easter Egg Hunt using these materials from Doorposts.
- Teaching Tools for Good Friday from Doorposts
- Family Activities for the Week of Easter from Doorposts
- Add a traditional item to the feast and make Hot Cross Buns from Food Graciousness
Devotionals for the family
Much the same as Advent, Lent is also a time to turn toward the risen Christ. Except this time we are celebrating his death instead of his life. Each day during Lent we will read a little Lent devotional and discuss it, thus keeping us pretty focused on the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus.
Here are some activities that you can do with your family during the Lenten Season.
We have been doing Resurrection Easter Egg Set – 12 Resurrection Eggs With Religious Figurines Inside – Tells Full Story of Easter for about 13 years. Our kids look forward to exploring every egg and discussing the relationship between the eggs and the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus.
Of course during the 40 days of lent we will be reading books about the Resurrection as well as the actual truth of the Resurrection found in the Bible. Here are are some of the books that we currently own that tell the truth of the Resurrection. Our newest book for this year is the Donkey Who Carried the King by RC Sproul. Again we are using these books and this time of year to turn our thoughts toward the Resurrection and ultimately the gospel.
Other Protestant Bloggers Celebrating the Lenten & Easter Season-
I am not alone in pursuing the Lord Jesus through the Lenten season here are some posts from other protestant bloggers who are pursing him also.
- Evangelicals Embracing (and Rejecting) Lent by The Gospel Coalition
Easter Craft: Jesus’ Resurection and Empty Tomb Craft by Schooling a Monkey
Simple Lenten Craft at Homegrown Learners
- Resurrection Garden by Susan Evans Blog
- Crown of Thorns by Susan Evans Blog
- Mosaic Cross by Susan Evans Blog
- Confetti Eggs by Susan Evans Blog
- Journey to the Cross by Susan Evans Blog
- Fun Easter Ideas without the Bunny as the Hero by See Jamie Blog
- Preschool Resurrection Eggs by Motherhood on a Dime
- Resurrection Cookies with Printable by Motherhood on a Dime
- Journey to Easter: 5 Meaningful Easter Activities for Kids by Motherhood on a Dime