Something I will mention repeatedly is that in order to be a successful frugal family you need to be able to cook up some yumminess! If you can cook up some yumminess then that will keep you out of the restaurants and in this case out of the doughnut shop!
This is one of our favorite fall and winter treats. I sent them to work with Wayne once and his employees kept asking for more.
Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
For the Coating:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick spray. You will need to re-spray them between each batch
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter. This is not a stiff batter.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, use 1 tablespoon in each cup. (I use my small tablespoon.) Bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until passes the toothpick test.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool until just cool enough to handle.
- With the melted butter in one bowl and the sugar and cinnamon combined in another, dip each muffin into the butter then roll in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy these family favorites!Save money, time and get it done, go ahead and subscribe! Often my posts contain affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases help us to pay for this blog and for our curriculum. Thank you for using them when you are able.
Kyle is a full time frugal wife of Wayneand Mama to 5 adorable children: Peyton (15), Parker (10),Pearson (8), Parson (3) & Providence (3). My hope is to present families with an attainable simplified model of classical education with a Charlotte Mason twist.She likes listening to audio books, watching the kids play sports or piano & doing anything with my husband! She likes to do all of that while having a cup of coffee! You can find her blogging on a regular basis here at Aspired Living, The Curriculum Choice & Womanhood with Purpose.