So as we approach Thanksgiving everyone is getting ready to prepare Thanksgiving Dinner for their families, but have you considered what to do with the leftovers? A turkey makes a lot of meat and bones and we definitely want to steward our leftovers well without making our family into turkey haters! So here are some things you can do to use up those Thanksgiving Leftovers!
- Make fully loaded Turkey Sandwiches that include using cranberries, mashed potatoes! So stock up on the bread of your choice and get ready to feed your crew.
- Use Turkey to make King Ranch Chicken or combine them with the left over veggies to make Turkey Pot Pie.
- Use the bones to make a turkey broth which can be substituted for chicken broth.
- Use your left over mashed potatoes to make potato pancakes and serve them for breakfast lunch or dinner. This is always a winner at our house.
- Use your left over rolls & gravy to make biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Your dinner rolls will make a great substitute for the biscuits.
- We keep a bag of leftover veggies in our freezer, so when we have just a little left over veggies we toss them in the bag and we collect them until we have enough to make a pot pie or a veggie stew. So just chunk your leftover green bean casserole into a baggie and start your own potpie baggie (See suggestion #2).
- If you have left over sweet potatoe/pumpkin pie there is something wrong with your family. Get a fork and eat it immediately with the kids and a can of whip cream!
So now that you have figured out how to use up those Thanksgiving recipes in a yummy and frugal manner what will your kids do when their tummies are full of turkey? Why not give them an opportunity to enjoy some productive screen time using Edupad’s new Math App by joining the giveaway!
With more than 3575 activities, iTooch 5th Grade Math is a fun way of practicing and learning Math for fifth graders.
Used by more than 2,000,000 users, iTooch apps provide comprehensive learning solutions which help parents, teachers and students to identify and address learning needs in a fun and motivating way.
- A clear, simple and engaging interface so that children learn with fun
- Speech synthesis option to help users in reading and text comprehension
- Multi-player management
- An embedded scientific calculator
- A virtual blackboard
- A lesson summary attached to each chapter
- In-app feedback to send suggestions to the author
- Font size adjustment to suit everyone’s needs
Save money, time and get it done, go ahead and subscribe! Often my posts contain affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases help us to pay for this blog and for our curriculum. Thank you for using them when you are able.