Look, I’m a frugal gal through and through but life is short and even though we must pinch a penny around here there are a 4 things that I do, that just aren’t thrifty.
4 Things I Do That Just Aren’t Thrifty
- I grew up in a home with my Dad and brother and although wehad Christmas Trees that was it. So I buy seasonal decorations for our home. Now that said, I do purchase them from Goodwill, Joann’s & Micheal’s on sale with coupons. But no matter how you look at it Seasonal Decorations are not a necessity and therefore their purchase is not thrifty. Oh well…
- We buy brand spanking new lawn mowers & vacuum cleaners. After buying MANY and I mean MANY used lawn mowers (we have a broke down riding lawn mower in the back right now, so irritating) & vacuums that worked aggravatingly poorly. I only buy new vacuums and lawn mowers. Let’s face it folks no one gets rid of a good vacuum or lawn mower!
- Buy expensive coffee and accessories to keep myself out of Starbucks as much as possible.I LOVE good coffee and I have 5 kids so I feel entitled to it. It’s one of my old habits I have not been able to shake. So I have determined that if I have good coffee and coffee accessories around I am able to avoid the ultra expensive Coffee shops.
- I drink a couple of Starbucks drinks a month. I budget 4 Starbucks coffees a month so I spend about $20 per month on Soy (which is vanilla flavored) Chai Tea Lattes. Yep, I drive my 12 passenger van through the Starbucks drive thru that is only about a mile from our house. Although I might not get one every week just by knowing I can have one I am more able to stick to our budget.
- So what things do you do that just aren’t frugal?
Save money, time and get it done, go ahead and subscribe! Often my posts contain affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases help us to pay for this blog and for our curriculum. Thank you for using them when you are able.
Kyle is a full time frugal wife of Wayneand Mama to 5 adorable children: Peyton (15), Parker (10),Pearson (8), Parson (3) & Providence (3). My hope is to present families with an attainable simplified model of classical education with a Charlotte Mason twist.She likes listening to audio books, watching the kids play sports or piano & doing anything with my husband! She likes to do all of that while having a cup of coffee! You can find her blogging on a regular basis here at Aspired Living, The Curriculum Choice & Womanhood with Purpose.