So after I have finished my Curriculum Spreadsheet I am usually ready to start purchasing curriculum. Since we are always on a tight budget I usually start buying curriculum after we get our tax return. I always start by looking for used curriculum.
Buying Curriculum Used
Homeschool Classifieds is my favorite used curriculum site. I like it because it is the easiest one to use and I have had very good results with it. You simply type in what you are looking for and it searches the substantial database.
Vegsource is another good used curriculum site. It is harder to use because you often have to wade through the classified listings.
Well Trained Mind Buy/Sell Forum is also another great place to buy used curriculum However, it also another site where you often have to wade through posts to find what you are looking for.
I have some more suggestions for those of you hunting down used curriculum:
- Your local homeschool community may have a curriculum sale that you can attend. In our area folks often list what they will be selling ahead of time on -line so you have an idea of what to expect.
- Your local area may have a homeschool store with a used book section.
- Half Price books often has some homeschool books and it’s usually worth checking them out.
- Yahoo has several buy sell groups that are curriculum specific. I have taken advantage of the My Father’s World One.
- Yahoo also has very active generic buy sell groups.
Buying Curriculum New
I usually have to buy a good deal of new curriculum each year and I try to always buy it at a discount.
Rainbow Resource – Is owned by a homeschool family and they have a ginormous phonebook sized catalog. They generally have prices that beat all the competitors.
Amazon – Often has pretty good deals but Rainbow Resource usually beats their prices. But when you have to get just one or two items if you have Prime you can get a really good deal.
Then once all your curriculum arrives you can begin to plan your most exciting homeschool year yet!
Save money, time and get it done, go ahead and subscribe! Often my posts contain affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases help us to pay for this blog and for our curriculum. Thank you for using them when you are able.