We began this series last week so you may want to go back and check out Mom’s Choices for summer reading.
Bullet’s choices for Middle School
- Redwall (Redwall, Book 1) – This is a series of books about good abbey dwelling creatures who are fighting against evil vermin. Each book has a quest, conflict and resolution where good wins out over evil. These are a family favorite we have read and listened to at least 10 of these books!
- The Hardy Boys Starter Set (5 Volume Set)
- The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, Book 1)
- The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, No. 1) (Boxcar Children Mysteries)
- Bobbsey Twins 01: The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport
Sweetie Pie choices for Amazing Elementary
School Summer Reading
- I Want a Pony (Pony Pals #1) – These are books about young girls and their ponies.
- Andi’s Pony Trouble (Circle C Beginnings #1)– This is a series of books about Andi and her misadventures
- Charlotte’s Web (Trophy Newbery) -“Some Pig. Humble. Radiant. These are the words in Charlotte’s Web, high up in Zuckerman’s barn. Charlotte’s spiderweb tells of her feelings for a little pig named Wilbur, who simply wants a friend. They also express the love of a girl named Fern, who saved Wilbur’s life when he was born the runt of his litter.” from Amazon
The Twins Choices for Amazing
Preschool Summer Reading
Our twins will turn 4 at the end of May and they still really enjoy books with lots of repetition of phrases like Jesse Bear and the Eric Carle books. However, we will also be reading them some much longer stories from McCloskey and Potter.
- Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear?
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? (Brown Bear and Friends) as well as many of the other books by Eric Carle.
- Make Way for McCloskey: A Robert McCloskey Treasury – McCloskey is the author of Blueberries for Sal, Make Way for Ducklings, A Day in Maine and many more books. He has a truly engaging series of twaddle free picture books for children.
- The Runaway Bunny and most of Margret Wise Browns other books are must read books. They are a wonderful combination of simplicity and art. As you read the book be sure to point out the wonderful pictures through out her books especially Goodnight Moon that relate back to other stories.
- Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales (Peter Rabbit) – A perfect introduction to nature study for the littles and classic we have enjoyed reading again and again!
I hope you found something you haven’t heard of before and something to pursue in the future and that you have a wonderful word filled summer!
So what is your family reading this summer?
Save money, time and get it done, go ahead and subscribe! Often my posts contain affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases help us to pay for this blog and for our curriculum. Thank you for using them when you are able.