Our favorite posts from last week:
Amy said, “being the mother of a natural-born leader, I really appreciate hearing from other moms like Betsy. Her post gives lots of ideas, including some that are out of the box, for encouraging your son or daughter to become a leader in their community.”
She also enjoyed 5 Reasons Why We Homeschool Year Round from Education Possible.
“Like Megan, I strongly believe in the benefits of homeschooling all year long, with many breaks throughout the year! I found myself nodding my head in complete agreement the whole time I was reading her post,” said Amy.
Kyle said, “I think it is all too easy to get caught up in the fear of man, competition, fear of failure etc. in homeschooling and Hodgepodge’s post was an excellent reminder to put first things first.”
“I have the end in mind. Now that I have high schoolers, that picture of ‘the end’ is more clearly focused on what my desire is for them to be as adults.”
She also liked reading Mapping Out our Homeschool High School Plan from Homeschool Creations.
When Kyle was exploring homeschooling, she was concerned about her kids’ ability to get into college and homeschooling through high school. One of her questions was, “how do you make sure your kids take the “right” high school classes?” The advice she received was to start with where you would like them to be in 12th grade and plan backwards.
She said, “this plan is yet another weapon in my arsenal of high school preparation to make sure my kiddos are prepared to pursue whatever path they choose. Plus, I am able to document and present a college or employer a transcript that demonstrates a well laid plan.”
Do you want to connect with other parents homeschooling older kids? Join our Finishing Strong Community on Google+!
Bloggers, by linking up, you may be featured on our co-hosts’ social media pages or our Pinterest board. We may even select you to be featured in a future post!
Guidelines for the hop:
- Link up to 3 posts from your blog. Make sure you use the exact URL to the post, not to your home page. You can add any post related to homeschooling middle and high school students. Posts unrelated to that will be removed.
- Please no advertising, pinterest, facebook, twitter, or other link-up links!
- Grab our button to add to your post after you link it up. Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to highlight on all 7 sites. If you were featured, make sure you add an “I was featured” button.
- The linky will go live on each co-host’s blog each Wednesday at 6am EST, and will be live until Tuesday at 11:55 pm.
Share the love.
Add our button to your post.
Was your post featured?
Grab an “I was featured” button!
We love people who SHARE WITH US!
*By linking up, you agree for us to share your images, always with credit!
So tell us, what have you been up to?
Add your best posts that focus on homeschooling middle & high school students. Share your ideas, unique learning approaches, and encouragement, and more.
Latest posts by Aspired Living (see all)
- Homeschool Ecosystem Dioramas - 04/28/2015
- Finishing Strong Homeschooling Through Middle & High School - 04/22/2015
- Finishing Strong Homeschooling Through Middle & High School - 04/15/2015