For several reasons we decided to put our home in the country up for sale. This is a difficult decision for a homeschooler because we really LIVE in our homes! We finally decided that it was in the best interest of the family to live in town.
How did we sell our house fast?
10 Steps we used to sell our house quickly
- We put more then 1/2 of our stuff in storage
- We took down all of our pictures
- We cleaned up our yard & freshened the flower beds (remember we live on 5 acres in the country)
- We patched any cracks, divet & re-taped. Yes, we had our home built and in several places the tape had come off of the wall. So we re-taped, my husband learned how to texture and we painted.
- Removed all signs of our cats.
- We then cleaned like crazy and we mopped and re-mopped.
- I set up “showing laundry basket” and I kept nice CLEAN towels & comforters in there. So I could make the house look like NO ONE lived in it. (bahaha)
- We painted any and all little paint chips (My detail orientated husbands job).
- I bought color fast sheets and began washing all the laundry together except for the whites and the sheets so my laundry room looked huge and SUPER functional.
- We never left dirty dishes in the sink even if we had to pack them in the car with us when we had to leave. (which we did on more then one occasion)
Finally, I put a query out on Google+ asking folks what to do to sell your house fast and the response was to clean it until it’s spotless & paint everything . She told me they had sold at least 3 homes and none of them took longer then 2 weeks to sell.
So on December 31st our home went on the market and on January 6th our home was sold. We were shocked, flabbergasted and speechless that we sold our home so fast. Additionally, they wanted to close in 30 days, I however, asked for 45 days to close. But now we have no idea where we were going to live at this point. And our next step is house hunting and it has begun the pictures below are some of the houses we have looked at but I’ll get into that in more detail in a later post.
Keep in mind I am not a professional Realtor, this is not realty advice… I’m just saying this is what we did and it worked for us.
Save money, time and get it done, go ahead and subscribe! Often my posts contain affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases help us to pay for this blog and for our curriculum. Thank you for using them when you are able.