The Tostada is the next meal you can make with beans for very little to fill a crowd and make them happy!
- 4 cups Homemade Beans [free these should be left overs]
- 4 Tablespoons margarine/butter [10.25 cents based on margarine)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (.32 shredded on sale)
- Shredded iceberg lettuce (.50 1/2 a head)
- 1/2 # tomatoes diced (.50)
- corn tortillas (or pre-made tostadas or corn meal to make tortillas) [$1 for 1/2 of 32)
Only use if you happen to have:
- diced or sliced olives
- sour cream
- Take you homemade beans heat them up butter/margarine & milk and mash them. (You do not have to mash them if you don’t want to. My family doesn’t care if they are mashed. If you aren’t going to mash them don’t add the milk!)
- Either toast the tostadas, fry the corn tortillas or make homemade tortillas according to the package directions (listed in order of cheapness)
- Top the tostadas 1/4 cup of beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes (or any order that makes sense to you *smile* I put cheese on first because I like it melted but you may want to put it on top of the lettuce) and extras
We serve this with homemade Mexican Rice. Total Cost….$2.42 or .15 per tostada *BIG SMILE*Save money, time and get it done, go ahead and subscribe! Often my posts contain affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases help us to pay for this blog and for our curriculum. Thank you for using them when you are able.
Kyle is a full time frugal wife of Wayneand Mama to 5 adorable children: Peyton (15), Parker (10),Pearson (8), Parson (3) & Providence (3). My hope is to present families with an attainable simplified model of classical education with a Charlotte Mason twist.She likes listening to audio books, watching the kids play sports or piano & doing anything with my husband! She likes to do all of that while having a cup of coffee! You can find her blogging on a regular basis here at Aspired Living, The Curriculum Choice & Womanhood with Purpose.