This is a recipe I modified from the http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/. We love muffins around here and look for any way we can add taste and increase nutrition.
Preheat your oven to 400
2 soft brown bananas mashed
1 cup sugar (or 1/2 c sugar, 1/2 cup Spelnda or 1 cup honey)
1/4 cup oil (or 1/4 applesauce)
1 cup yogurt or buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or 1 cup wheat flour, 1 cup unbleached white)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 cup nuts
1/3 cup raisins
optional – 1 tablespoon flax(Optional but if you add it remove 1 tablespoon of flour!)
optional – Big organic sugar crystals
- Mix bananas until they are almost liquid
- Then add sugar, vanilla, lemon,oil, milk and salt and mix again
- Then add the flour, flax and baking powder mix it just enough so that all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Then add in the nuts & raisins mix it just enough so that all the ingredients are mixed together.
- put muffin cups in the tin or spray with cooking oil, pour mix into the muffin tin
- Sprinkle organic unprocessed sugar on top (that gives you those big sugar crystals like at the bakery)
- cook for 20 minutes
Kyle is a full time frugal wife of Wayneand Mama to 5 adorable children: Peyton (15), Parker (10),Pearson (8), Parson (3) & Providence (3). My hope is to present families with an attainable simplified model of classical education with a Charlotte Mason twist.She likes listening to audio books, watching the kids play sports or piano & doing anything with my husband! She likes to do all of that while having a cup of coffee! You can find her blogging on a regular basis here at Aspired Living, The Curriculum Choice & Womanhood with Purpose.