We love books and here are a few of our treasured classics that we read again & again!
1. The Advent Book is a wonderful Christmas book for families that we use during the Advent Season each time you open up a page there is a door and behind each door is another part of the Christmas story! Our children love it and run to the end of the table so they can see the beautiful pictures and here the short quote from the Bible on Christmas. This is my #1 Christmas must have book! If you don’t buy any other Christmas book this year get this one!
2. A Christmas Carol– I absolutely love this Christmas book for families because it is a story of redemption and we read this book as a read aloud each Christmas to the children. Oh, how we rejoice for Scrooge’s repentence. Some have asked us how we deal with the “magic” in it. Well, I never thought of it as magic so much as a series of dream brought on by a “bad bit of beef” and that is just my reading.
3. T’was the night Before Christmas – Even though we are one of those crazy families that don’t “do Santa” we still enjoy the American Christmas Traditions. Accordingly, we tend to read this Christmas book for families many times during the Christmas Season and we love it’s poetry!
5. Legend of the Candy Cane is a Christmas book for families that ultimately explains how the shape of the candy cane tells the story of Jesus.
5. Dangerous Journey -Not traditionally considered a Christmas book for families but, Dangerous Journey is sure to delight everyone within hearing! Dangerous Journey an adaptation of Pilgrim’s Progress is simply fantastic and teaches big truths with Bunyons own words! Instead of paraphrasing Pilgrims progress they simply took the meat of the story and present it in a smooth and flowing way. Now when we read the entire manuscript in JR High they will have this in their background to help them understand this wonderful Christian Text. My kids were begging to read the next chapter. It opened up great conversations into questions like…Why do Christians keep carrying their budens? Why it’s important to stay on the straight path….
Well, now that you’ve got your books picked out how about something to put into the stocking?
Please let me know which Christmas books your family cherishes and that we should pick up! 😀Save money, time and get it done, go ahead and subscribe! Often my posts contain affiliate links. Affiliate link purchases help us to pay for this blog and for our curriculum. Thank you for using them when you are able.