I know as a Mom of a large family there are certain things that just say home to me and certain things I need to manage that home. And as we go through our days homeschooling is only one aspect of our day we are decorators, cooks, organizers and stewards. So here are some pinboards to help you achieve your goals, pinboards that every Mom Needs!
” Home is where the heart is”-No matter what Women always want to improve their surroundings and to create a refuge for their families. These pins focus on making a home a home, after all home is where the heart is!
“Cooking up some love in the kitchen”-The troops need to eat as we are dashing from co-op to soccer practice and we read more
In High School I was a sprinter, I ran the 100 & 200 and loved to feel the wind on my face for the short time my then skinny little legs ran.
Now, although I love sprinting Homeschooling is not a sprint it’s a Marathon and in many ways a wonderful reflection of the Christian Life as described by Paul in 2 Timothy 4:7 when he said:
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
In order to keep the faith sometimes we need a team of women around us cheering us on, wiping our tears and encouraging us to FINISH STRONG! So as my middle read more
When you are teaching science classically in the grammar stage normally you will have a focus on the memorization of facts & vocabulary. We use God’s Design for Science as our spine, but these ideas will work with any work for any one who wants to use the classical method to teach their children. We make sure that we put an emphasis on vocabulary as we are learning each of our subjects. It is our desire to expose our children in the grammar levels to a read more
For several reasons we decided to put our home in the country up for sale. This is a difficult decision for a homeschooler because we really LIVE in our homes! We finally decided that it was in the best interest of the family to live in town.
How did we sell our house fast?
10 Steps we used to sell our house quickly
- We put more then 1/2 of our stuff in storage
- We took down all of our pictures
- We cleaned up our yard & freshened the flower beds (remember we live on 5 acres in the country)
- We patched any cracks, divet & re-taped. Yes, we had our home built and in several places the tape had come off of the wall. So we re-taped, my husband learned how to texture and we painted.
- Removed all signs of our cats.
- We then cleaned like crazy and we mopped and re-mopped.
- I set up “showing laundry basket” and I kept nice CLEAN towels & comforters in there. So I could make the house look like NO ONE lived in it. (bahaha)
- We painted any and all little paint chips (My detail orientated husbands job).
- I bought color fast sheets and began washing all the laundry together except for the whites and the sheets so my laundry room looked huge and SUPER functional.
- We never left dirty dishes in the sink even if we had to pack them in the car with us when we had to leave. (which we did on more then one occasion)
Finally, I put a query out on Google+ asking folks what to do to sell your house fast and the response was read more
Today I am guest posting over at Our Goodwin Journey. I am writing about how to pass on the stories of the Christians that have come before us and how we do that in our home. So please come and join the week long discussion at Our Goodwin Journey’s as we explore ”Teaching Kids to Have a Heart for the World” during her five day read more
Welcome to the Last Frugal Friday Fiesta!
For those who are new today the Frugal Fiesta it’s a fun weekly Link-up that strives to provide a comprehensive summary of ways to save money and make ends meet. This is a chance to share our knowledge with one another, encouraging and spurring each other on in their frugal pursuits.
This week’s featured bloggers…
Please check out their great posts!
Each week we will feature up to 4 blogs with the most clicks. By linking up here you are giving me permission to use up to 2 read more
If you’ve stopped by to see a professional organizer or a pantry organization that involves the Container Store then you took a wrong turn somewhere. But if you wanted to see how to complete a Frugal Pantry Organization project and still have some money in the bank then welcome to Frugalville and and a tour of our pantry .
We have 5 kiddos and we cook 3 meals a day and they eat innumerable snacks in our kitchen. Our kitchen is not there to look good it has read more